1 cup wheat flour
a pinch of cardamom powder
3/4 cup grated coconut
4-5 Tbsp sugar(more if you desire more sweet)
1 tsp ghee
2 banana leaves, cut into squares
- In a bowl mix the grated coconut with sugar and cardamom powder and keep aside.
- Heat the banana leaves on a hot tawa quickly turning both sides just to make the leaves soft. This is done to prevent the leaves from breaking when you wrap it up.
- Smear ghee on all the leaves so that you can remove your ada once cooked, easily from the leaf.
- Mix enough salt in the wheat flour. Add water to the flour until you get a sticky consistency batter. It should not be too thick neither should it be watery, just in between the two stages.
- Now add lemon sized portions of this batter on each of the banana leaf pieces.
- Wet your fingertips and spread out the batter on the entire surface of the leaf.
- Layer the coconut sugar mixture on top of the spread out batter.
- Fold the leaf in half and fold the sides inside to wrap it up entirely.
- Steam these wraps in a steamer or idli cooker for about 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Once cooled remove the ada from the leaf and serve with a cup of hot tea.