250 gms fresh mushrooms(any type)
3 onions, cut into chunks
a handful of fresh corinader leaves
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
3-4 green chillies
2-3 Tbsp yoghurt
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
2 Tbsp fresh cream
oil as required
- Cook the onion chunks in boiling water until translucent. Drain from the water and cool. Once cooled grind the onions with the coriander leaves into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in wok and add the cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and peppercorns. Saute for a few seconds and then add the green chillies(chopped fine), ginger paste and garlic paste. Fry for a few minutes or until the raw smell of garlic n ginger goes off.
- Now add the onion and coriander paste and saute well until oil starts to separate from the sides.
- Now add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and fry for a minute.
- Remove the wok from the flame and add the yoghurt and mix well. Add one cup of water too, mix well and return back to flame.
- Cook on a medium low flame for a few minutes. Add the mushrooms and mix well.
- Add the cumin powder and fresh cream. Mix well and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Sprinkle the garam masala powder on top and serve hot.