250 gms boneless chicken, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup cornflour
eggwhite of 1 egg
1/4 tsp pepper powder
1/2 + 2 tsp soya sauce
1 1/2 tsp ginger paste
1 1/2 tsp garlic paste
2 tsps chopped celery
1 tbsp chopped cashewnuts
3 dry red chillies, slit
1 small capsicum, sliced thin
1 onion sliced thin
1 carrot, sliced into matchsticks
1-2 tsp kashimiri red chilli powder
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1-2 tsp chopped spring onions
1/4 tsp sugar
oil as required
salt as required
- Make a thick batter with flour, cornflour, egg white. pepper powder, 1/2 tsp soya sauce and salt adding water as required.Marinate the strips of chicken in this batter for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Shallow fry the chicken until golden brown and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the chopped cashewnuts and fry until brown. Remove the fried cashewnuts and keep them aside.
- To the same pan add the ginger paste, garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Now add the celery and red chillies. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add capsicum, onion and salt. Saute till the onions become soft.
- In a separate bowl, mix the kashmiri chili powder, soya sauce and tomato sauce. Add this sauce mix to the sauteing onion and capsicum.
- Mix well, add the chicken, carrots and fried cashewnuts. Check salt and add as required.
- Mix everything well and cover and cook on a low flame for 2-3 minutes or until the carrots are cooked.
- Open, sprinkle the sugar and mix well. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot.