2 3/4 cup full fat milk
1 cup tightly packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 large egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoon butter
whipping cream for garnishing
crushed nuts of your choice.
- Simmer 2 1/2 cup of full fat milk in a saucepan until it starts getting foams around the edges.
- Meanwhile,in a heatproof bowl whisk 2 large eggs and 1 large egg yolk.
- Add dark brown sugar and continue whisking.
- Add salt,cornstarch,1/4 cup milk and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Pour the above hot milk gradually to the mixture and whisk nicely in between.
- Pour the content of the bowl back to the saucepan and put it back on the heat.
- Keep stirring on low flame for about 3-5 minutes until it gets nice and thick (mayonnaise consistency).
- Turn off the heat and strain it to a bowl to get rid of any lumps.
- Add 3 table spoon of butter along with vanilla extract and give a good stir.
- Pour into the pudding bowl and refrigerate once it cools down.
- Serve with whipped cream and sprinkle some roasted nuts of your choice on top .
Recipe courtesy: Joy of baking