8 tablespoon grated cheddar cheese
1 cup chicken mince
7-8 fresh basil leaves,finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon(available in all supermarkets)
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
2 1/4 cup bread crumbs
Oil for frying
Salt as required
- Mix basil leaves,onion,chicken mince,tarragon,pepper powder,1 1/4 cup bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Take a small amount of the mixture in your hand and make a ball out of it.
- Flatten it and add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of grated cheese and shape them again into a ball.
- Coat the balls in the remaining bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the balls until golden and crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Insert a tooth pick or lollipop stick in each fried balls.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
*You can improvise the recipe to an Indian style by alternating the basil leaves and tarragon with some chopped coriander and mint leaves along with garam masala,green chilies,ginger,garlic or any other masalas of you choice.