250 gms cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 medium potato cut into small cubes
4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
few curry leaves
1/4 cup green peas(fresh or frozen)
1 large tomato, pureed
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
a pinch asafoetida
2-3 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a wok. Add the cumin seeds and once they start to brown add the chopped garlic, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Saute for a few seconds, then reduce the flame and add the turmeric, chilli and coriander powder.
- Saute for a few seconds and then toss in the potatoes and green peas. Mix well.
- Stir fry for 5-6 minutes. Then add the cauliflower and tomato.
- Mix everything well, add enough salt and cover and cook for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, keeping the heat medium low, stirring in between or until the vegetables are soft and cooked.
- Serve hot with chappathis, rotis or parathas.