A bunch of palak/spinach,cleaned
2 cups basmati rice
1 tomato chopped
1 small onion chopped
1 teaspoon garlic chopped
1 teaspoon ginger chopped
1 green chili chopped
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon oil
salt to taste
- Cook the rice with a pinch of salt and keep aside.
- Boil water in a pan with some salt.
- Turn off the fire and add the palak leaves to the boiling water.
- Let the spinach leaves remain in water for a minute.
- Drain the spinach and allow it to cool down.
- Puree the spinach in a blender and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add onions and stir until it turns translucent.
- Add ginger,garlic,green chili,tomatoes,turmeric powder and stir for a minute.
- Add palak puree and salt (if required) and cook on low flame for a minute.
- Stir in the cooked rice and cook under cover for 1-2 minutes and turnoff the flame.
- Serve hot with pickle and pappad.