1/2 cup soya chunks
1 cup boiled green peas
2 medium onions, chopped
2 medium tomatoes,chopped
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
a pinch of asafoetida
3 cups curd
1 cup water
4 table spoon basen
6 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoon ginger-chili paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
- Pressure cook soya chunks with some salt until the cooker gives off 2-3 whistles and keep aside.
- Wash under cold water and squeeze out the water from the soya chunks.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan and splutter cumin seeds.
- Add asafoetida,ginger-chili paste,garlic and onions and saute until the onions turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes,chili powder,turmeric,coriander powder and saute for 5-10 minutes on low flame.
- In a bowl,beat curd,besan and milk until smooth and add to the above mixture.
- Add soya chunks,green peas,salt , water and bring to a boil.
- Cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with plain rice/roti.