Sunday, September 15, 2013

Onam Special- Paal Payasam


A very happy Onam to all of you out there. How about completing your sadya or feast with a paal payasam? Here goes the recipe for the same

Ingredients
1/2 cup raw broken rice/unakalari
1 cup sugar
4 cups milk
3 or 4 cardamom
1 tablespoon ghee

Method

  • In  a pressure cooker, add the milk, sugar, cardamoms and washed and drained rice.
  • Close the cooker. Keep it on a medium flame( without the weight). 
  • Once the steam starts coming, reduce the flame to minimum and put the weight on the cooker.
  • Cook for 20 minutes. Switch off the flame after 20 minutes(cooker may give off one or two whistles in some cases).
  • Let the cooker cool down and after all the steam has been released, open the cooker and add the ghee. Mix well. Delicious and quick paal payasam is ready to be served.

10 comments:

  1. Adipoli paal payasam Priya ,as I write this I am having paal payasam.
    Blogil onakhosham ugran ayeetund first pictureil kannuna gold tray anoo.It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Meena. While I was clicking the snaps of this payasam, in the tv they were showing how to make paal payasam..and lol here u were having it ..so many coincidences. Thats not a gold tray, its a part of my ganesha statue..aadyam ganapathi ennu alle...

      Delete
  2. that is such a yummy bowl of paalpayasam... craving for some now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This and semiya are my favorite and your pics are making me droool :-) Happy Onam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big fan of payasam, any kind with any ingredients are just the spot on taste I love so much. Strange that I don't care so much about Western desserts but such a payasam just makes me melt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Priya, I made this paalpayasam yesterday for my kannan's pirannal, it was really awesome...no words...all credits to you, we all enjoyed it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much Usha. Happy to know that you liked it. Belated pirannal wishes to Kannan!

      Delete

We would be glad to hear your feedback:)