A very happy Onam to all of you out there. How about completing your sadya or feast with a paal payasam? Here goes the recipe for the same
1/2 cup raw broken rice/unakalari
1 cup sugar
4 cups milk
3 or 4 cardamom
1 tablespoon ghee
- In a pressure cooker, add the milk, sugar, cardamoms and washed and drained rice.
- Close the cooker. Keep it on a medium flame( without the weight).
- Once the steam starts coming, reduce the flame to minimum and put the weight on the cooker.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Switch off the flame after 20 minutes(cooker may give off one or two whistles in some cases).
- Let the cooker cool down and after all the steam has been released, open the cooker and add the ghee. Mix well. Delicious and quick paal payasam is ready to be served.