Nothing is more comforting than a simple potato stir fry. Make this as an accompaniment with curd rice.
2 medium sized potatoes
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
salt to taste
2 Tbsp oil
a pinch of fenugreek powder
2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Peel, wash and chop the potatoes into small cubes
- Heat oil in a wok. Add the chopped potatoes and stir fry for 2 minutes on a medium high flame.
- Reduce heat and add the chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Cover and cook on a low flame for 5-7 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Sprinkle the fenugreek powder and stir fry for 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and add the chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and serve.