3 big sole fish/ manthal(approx 750gm)
6-7 garlic pods, peeled
1 Tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp pepper powder
few curry leaves
salt to taste
1Tbsp coconut oil
1tsp sesame oil
- Clean the fish, wash and cut into medium size pieces.
- Grind together the shallots, garlic, curry leaves, chilli powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt with one teaspoon coconut oil into a fine thick paste(you can sprinkle little water to make the grinding easy, but take care not to add too much)
- Marinate the fish with the grinded paste for atleast 15-20 minutes(the more the better).
- Heat a nonstick pan. Pour the remaining coconut oil and sesame oil.
- Once the oil is hot,turn the heat to medium low. Place the marinated fish on the pan and fry, flipping over after few minutes until both the sides of the fish is cooked and roasted well.
- Remove from the pan and garnish with curry leaves.
- Serve with rice and any curry of your choice.