200 gm parippu/toor dal (You can use chana dal too)
4 green chillies
1 small piece ginger
few curry leaves
20 small onion/shallots
Oil for deep frying
- Soak the dal for one hour in water. Then drain the water and coarsely grind the dal along with the ginger, curry leaves, green chillies and half of the shallots.Do not add water while grinding.
- Slice the remaining shallots very finely and add it to the grinded dal mixture. Add enough salt too and mix well.
- Take little amount of the grinded mixture in your hands and shape into flat vadas.
- Deep fry the vadas in hot oil until brown and crispy on both sides. Drain onto a paper napkin to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot parippu vadas with tea. Enjoy:))