Don't have a tandoor? Make it on a tawa or rack:) Here's how you can do it...
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Add all the ingredients except water in a bowl
- Add water gradually and knead to a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls .
- Let the dough rest for 15-20 minutes
- On a rolling board,flatten a dough ball and dust some wheat flour on top of that.
- Roll into medium sized chapati or roti (don't roll very thin).
- Take a fire proof wire rack and place it on a low to medium flame.
- Place the roti on the rack,when bubbles appear on top,flip the roti,you will notice few brown black spots on the roti.
- Flip again and you can see the second side getting cooked.
- Repeat the flip until the roti gets cooked on both the sides.
- Transfer the roti to a basket and spread some butter or ghee on top of the roti.
- Serve hot with curry of your choice.