1/4 kg squid,cleaned,cut into rings
1 medium onion,finely sliced
2 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon vinegar
Salt to taste
3-4 sprigs curry leaves
Coconut oil for frying
- In a bowl,add chilli powder,cumin powder,turmeric powder,vinegar and salt.Mix the ingredients with water and make a paste.
- Marinate the squid with the above masala and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Heat a pan with 3-4 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Sauté onion and curry leaves on medium flame and stir until the onion turns golden brown.
- Turn up the heat to high and carefully add the squid.
- Stir on high flame for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Turn-off the flame when the squid turns opaque or white.(over cooking will make the squid rubbery).
- Serve hot with rice.