Have some left over idlis? Then here's how you can turn them into another quick breakfast dish.
3-5 shallots sliced thin
1 green chilli chopped
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp urid dal
few curry leaves
1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
2 Tbsp oil
salt to taste
- Chop or crumble the idlis into small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds
- Once they begin to crackle add the urid dal and curry leaves.
- Mix well and add the sliced shallots, green chilli and salt(add less salt as the idlis already have salt in them).
- Fry until the shallots turn golden brown.
- Now tip in the chopped idilis to the fried onions and mix well.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes until the idli pieces are well coated with the onion mixture.
- Garnish with some finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.