Just happened to see this recipe of instant chocolate pedas in Ramya's blog. The recipe sounded so easy and was sure to a be a hit among kids. Exams are going on and so is the hunger pang..something new has to be made on a daily basis for the kids. At the right time came this handy recipe which could be made in no time and the taste was just awesome. Thankyou Ramya for this lovely recipe.Over to the recipe of instant chocolate pedas..
1 cup milk powder
1/2 tin condensed milk
2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
a pinch of cardamom powder
2 tsp milk
1 tsp ghee + extra for greasing
chopped nuts for garnishing(here I have used chopped pistachios)
- In a non-stick pan, add the milk powder, cocoa powder, condensed milk and milk. Heat this mixture on low flame, stirring continously.
- Keep stirring continously until the mixture starts to thicken and starts leaving the sides of the pan.Initialy it may seem a bit watery but slowly it will start thickening. Once it starts sticking to the spatula and seems like a sticky dough, add 1 tsp ghee and mix well.
- Transfer this dough into a plate greased with ghee.
- Once it cools a bit(so that it can be kneaded with your hands), add the cardamom powder and knead the peda mixture for a few seconds.
- Shape small pedas with the dough and garnish with chopped nuts.