12 bread slices, crusts removed
1 cup boiled sweetcorn
1 potato, boiled and mashed
1 onion chopped fine
2 green chillies, chopped fine
1 tsp ginger paste
1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
2 Tbsp oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- In a blender, coarsely crush the sweetcorn.
- In a bowl, add the mashed potato, green chillies, ginger paste, fresh coriander, lemon juice, salt and the coarsely ground sweet corn. Mix everything well.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onion until light brown in colour. Add the onion to the corn potato mixture and knead everything well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into an oval shape roll and set aside.
- Soak the bread slices, one at a time in water for about 1-2 seconds. Squeeze out the water by gently pressing each slice between your palms. Place a potato-corn oval portion at one end of the pressed slice and roll tightly to enclose the mixture completely within the bread slice. Tuck the ends inside to seal the roll.
- Repeat this with the remaining bread slices and potato corn mixture.
- Place the prepared rolls on a greased baking tray. Bake for approximately 12- 15 minutes or until the rolls turn light brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.