1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup paneer cubes
8 + 2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 onions, sliced
1 tomato diced
2-3 green chillies, slit
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
2-3 tbsp oil
2 tbsp kasoori methi
1/2 cup thick coconut milk
1 tsp butter/ghee
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic cloves(8) and onion. Saute well until the raw smell of garlic is gone and onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, green chillies, kasoori methi, turmeric and salt. Saute for a minute and keep this aside.
- Once cooled grind this mixture into a fine paste.
- Heat the butter/ghee in another pan. Add the garam masala powder to the hot ghee. After about a second add the grinded mixture to this. Let it simmer for a minute.
- Add the broccoli and coconut milk. Lower the heat and allow this to come to a boil.
- Now add the paneer cubes. Mix well. Continue to cook for two minutes more and then remove from heat.
In a little oil, fry the remaining two chopped garlic cloves and drizzle this oil on top before serving.(You can avoid this if you don't prefer too much of the garlicky flavour)