250 grams yam/chena
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoons Kashmiri chilli powder
1 teaspoon lime juice
- Peel the yam and slice into thin squares.
- Grind the shallots with chili powder, turmeric powder and salt into a fine paste.
- Marinate the yam pieces with this paste and keep aside for half an hour.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Drizzle some coconut oil on the pan and shallow fry the marinated yam pieces on a medium low flame. Turn over at regular intervals and roast until the yam pieces are cooked and gets roasted on both the sides. Drizzle more coconut oil if required.
- Once roasted remove from the pan and sprinkle the lime juice over the yam pieces. Serve hot.