An ideal sandwich to go into the kids lunchbox. A sandwich that is loaded with the richness of vitamin A from the carrots and so creamy and yummy that can be prepared quickly on those hasty mornings, packed and sent to school. My friend Nalini, from Sri Lanka had shared this recipe with me many years before and since then this is one sandwich that goes weekly once into my kids lunchbox.Ingredients
4 slices of sandwich bread
1 carrot, grated fine
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 Tbsp fresh cream
1 Tbsp softened butter
a pinch of sugar
salt to taste
1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- In a bowl mix the mayonnaise, butter, cream, sugar, salt and pepper well.
- Add the grated carrot to this and mix everything well. The spread is ready.
- Spread the prepared carrot spread on two bread slices and top with the other two bread slices.
- Trim the edges of the sandwiches, cut into triangles or rectangles and serve.
- You can even add a layer of fresh icerberg lettuce to the sandwich, it gives that crunchy and fresh feel with every bite.
*Vegetarians can use eggless mayonnaise.