A simple chicken dish that requires only a few basic ingredients.
4-5 chicken drumsticks
1 onion, sliced thin
1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
salt to taste
few curry leaves
few coriander leaves
- Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric powder, chilli powder, half of ginger garlic paste, salt, curry leaves, sliced onion and 1 tsp coconut oil, for half an hour to 45 minutes.
- Heat the remaining coconut oil in a frying pan and place the marinated chicken in it. Sear the chicken until it is golden brown on all sides(chicken need not get cooked fully, as we will be cooking it further later on).
- Transfer the seared chicken to another deep pan. Add the remaining ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves and 1 cup water. Cover and cook until the chicken gets cooked completely.
- Once the chicken is cooked and the gravy thickens, transfer the chicken pieces(leaving behind the thick masala gravy) into a serving bowl.
- Mix pepper powder with the gravy of the chicken and pour this gravy over the chicken pieces. Serve garnished with curry leaves.