Wishing everyone a Happy Diwali...
250 gms carrots
2-3 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp ghee
2 cups milk
4-5 Tbsp condensed milk
2 cardomoms, crushed to a powder
- Peel and chop the carrots into big chunks.
- Add the chopped carrots to a pressure cooker, add a little water (approx.1/4 cup). Close and cook on a medium flame until the cooker gives off one whistle. Allow the pressure to subside , then open the cooker and transfer the carrots to a blender.
- Blend the cooked carrots into a puree.
- Heat 2 Tbsp ghee in a non stick kadai. Pour the blended carrot into the hot ghee and keep stirring until the water is absorbed from the carrots and the ghee starts to leave from the sides.
- Now pour the milk, sugar and condensed milk. Keep stirring until the mix starts to turn thick.
- Switch off the flame.
- Fry the raisins(until they puff up) and the cashenuts(until they turn golden brown) in the remaining ghee. Add to the prepared carrot payasam.
- Sprinkle the cardamon powder. Mix and serve hot or cold.