Happy Ganesh Chaturthi
1 cup rice Flour
1 1/4 cupwater
1 cup grated coconut
3/4 cup jaggery(crushed or powdered)
1-2 tsp ghee
a pinch of cardamom powder
salt to taste
- In a pan heat the jaggery. Once the jaggery starts to melt add the shredded coconut and cardamom powder.
- Mix well.Cook until the mixture is almost dry. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- In a saucepan boil the water with a pinch of salt and 1 tsp ghee.
- To the boiling water gradually add the rice flour, whisking it well to avoid lumps.
- Mix well. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly or until it reaches to a temperature that you can knead.(should be warm while kneading, don't alllow it to cool completely as it might get dry)
- Once the mix is warm enough so that you can knead, knead well into a soft dough.
- Grease your hands with a little ghee or water and make small balls of the dough.
- Flatten each ball between your palms into small rounds.
- Now place a small amount of the coconut jaggery mixture in the middle of the round. Gather the sides of the round together and seal it on the top by pressing slightly.
- Steam these modhaks either in a steamer or idli cooker for 20 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.