These cute little pretty butter cookies were adored by all when they became a part of our Christmas treat. Very easy to make and loved by kids and adults alike.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
4 tsp multi-colored sugar strands
- Preheat oven to 160 degree celsius.
- Line an 8 inch square pan with plastic wrap leaving 1 inch of the plastic wrap hanging out from the sides of the pan(so as to easily pick it off from the pan)
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping the the sides, until creamy.
- Reduce speed to low, add flour and salt. Beat until well mixed.
- Stir in the multi-colored sugar strands.
- Knead the mixture well until the dough forms a ball.
- Pat the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Using the hanging out plastic wrap lift the dough from the pan.
- Cut the dough into small squares.
- Gently place the squares half inch apart onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes approximately or until the bottoms of the squares just begin to brown.
- Store them in an airtight container and munch on to them as and when you like:)