1 cup strawberries,chopped
8 tablespoon sugar
5 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon unflavoured gelatin
A pinch of salt
2 large egg whites
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a bowl add strawberries and 1 tablespoon sugar and toss gently.
- Process in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour 2 tablespoon water in a large bowl,sprinkle with gelatin and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Place a saucepan on medium heat and add 6 tablespoon sugar,remaining water and salt .
- Stir well until sugar dissolves and bring to a boil and cook for about 4 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Add egg whites to gelatin mixture and beat with a hand mixer on high speed until foamy.
- Gradually add 1 tablespoon sugar,beat at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually pour hot sugar syrup into egg white mixture,beating first at medium speed and then at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl add cream and beat at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/4 of egg white mixture into whipped cream then fold the remaining.
- Fold in the strawberry mixture.
- Spoon the mousse into desert glasses and chill for 2 hours or until set.